Slightly different tack today as I hope to target pieces that really need a lot of attention and let some of the others wait for rehearsal on location. Here’s what I think that looks like.
SESSION I (Full Choir) – AED 118. I’m placing asterisks*** next to pieces I think we’ll sing in performance tonight.
- 9:00 am : Warm-ups
- 9:10 am: Seek Him (Dove)***
- 9:25 am: Sa Nuit (Lauridsen)***
- 9:40 am: Soneto (Lauridsen)***
- 9:55 am: Voici (Lauridsen)***
- 10:05 am: AUDITIONS FOR JEALOUSY SMALL GROUP!!
- 10:15 am: BREAK OUT SESSION…
- Jealousy SMALL GROUP will become the top choir in Churcher as well. Arreon will pull that group to another room to rehearse the “Jealousy” section AS WELL AS Churcher Choir 1, while I keep Church Choir 2 in 118.
- 11:00 am: CHOIRS RECONVENE in 118
- Against Jealousy (Fine)***
- Evening Star (Churcher)
- 11:30 am: FULL CHOIR goes to lunch. CHAMBER CHOIR stays for Byrd
- Agnus Dei***
- 12:00 noon: LUNCH BREAK (Just enough time to learn the damn notes to Petrassi!!!! 😘)
SESION II (Full Choir) – AED 118
- 1:00 pm: Nonsense (Petrassi)
- 1:20 pm: Os Justi (Bruckner)***
- 1:30 pm: Soon I Will Be Done (Garrett)***
- 1:40 pm: Even Me (Reid)***
- 1:50 pm: Rejoice in the Lamb – last section (pp.21 to the end)***
- 2:15 pm: Stabat Mater (Mealor)***
- 2:30 pm: Alleluia Azania (Mthembu)*** – gotta get those damn claps together!!!
- 2:45 pm: Suo Gân (Mealor)***
- 2:55 pm: Ubi Caritas (Mealor)***
- 3:00 pm: ANYTHING ELSE THAT NEEDS TRIAGE BEFORE TONIGHT!!
- 3:20 pm: Parting words of wisdom from Paul Mealor
3:30 pm – Carpool to St. Helena Church
4:15 pm – Sound check in the churh
5:00 pm – CONCERT! (Playlist TBA)
I posted an announcement about the concert on my facebook page. PLEASE SHARE and help us get the word out!
See y’all soon!!!