Great start out of the gate yesterday! Here’s the intended rehearsal schedule for today, including some amazing Gospel Choir singing with our good friend, Arreon Harley-Emerson
SESSION I (Full Choir) – AED 118
- 10:00 am: Warm-ups
- 10:10 am: Against Jealousy (Fine) – Maybe we can find a few more right pitches.
- 10:25 Am: Rejoice in the Lamb (Britten) – We should take a look at those crazy-ass solos!
- 11:05 am: Suo Gân (Mealor) – Just another read for familiarity
- 11:25 am: A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY MESSAGE FOR MARGARET (MARGO) NELL MULLIN
- 11:35 am: Alleluia (Mthembu) – Brush up for recording
- 11:50 am: Even Me (Pass) – Lead us the to light, Arreon!
- 12:10 pm: Soon I WIll Be Done (Garrett) – The other contender for closing Spiritual. (I’m bringing extra copies)
- 12:25 pm: Ubi Caritas (Mealor) – Another run to lock that in
- 12:30 pm: LUNCH BREAK: Full Choir
- CHAMBER CHOIR (AED 118)
- 12:35 pm: Mass for V Voices: straight run in order: Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Benedictus, Agnus Dei
- 1:15 pm: LUNCH BREAK: Chamber Choir (Extended to a full hour! 😃)
SESSION II (Full Choir) – B# Hall
- 2:15 pm : Psalm 150: Let Everything… (Pass) – Thank you Arreon!!!
- 2:35 pm: LAURIDSEN – Dry run in order on neutral syllables.
- Sa Nuit d’Ete
- Soneto de la Noche
- Sure on the Shining Night
- Epilogue: Voice le soir3:15 pm: Seven Stars (Dove) – One more chance to get this in your ears
- 3:00 pm: Hold On (Garrett) – Again, more real pitches would be great.
- 3:10 pm: Seven Stars (Dove) – One more run to get this in your ears
- 3:35 pm: Let Fall the Window of Mine Eyes (Mealor) – I’m determined to conquer this beast!
- 4:00 pm: Alleluia (Mtembu) – Record this puppy so we have a rehearsal track
- 4:15 pm: BREAK FOR PHOTO SHOOT @ LOCATION TBA
*In the event that we wrap on on or ahead of time, we might give the Stabat Mater one more read.
4:30 pm: Photo Shoot. All black with splash of blue – Be prepared with warm jackets that you can ditch long enough for an outdoor photo