My intention is to make it through EVERY piece each day so you have two runs at everything over the weekend. Ideally, the two competition sets are memorized by the concert tomorrow night. AND… I still need more candidates for the Jealousy small group – especially tenors and basses! You can respond to that post HERE.
We WILL NOT have a lot of time to pull things apart and drill them today, so the expectation is that you’re marking your scores where things go awry, cleaning those spots up tonight so you have those spots fixed by tomorrow. We have a LOT of rep, and no time to chase out bogus pitches.
SESSION I (Full Choir) – AED 118 (It’s been cold in there. Dress warmly.
- 11:00 am: Warm-ups
- 11:10 am: Sure on This Shining Night (Lauridsen)
- 11:20 am: Os Justi (Bruckner)
- 11:28 am: Seek Him (Dove)
- 11:40 am: My Soul, A Vibrant Harp (Mealor)
- 11:45 COMPETITION SET ONE
- Against Jealousy (Fine) – with time for small group auditions –
- Suo Gân (Mealor) – diction coaching with Paul Mealor
- Alleluia Azania (Mthembu) – who’s going to clap???
- Nonsense V (Petrassi) – New piece! Just need to get in your ears!
- 12:40 pm: TEN MINUTE BREAK
- 12:50 pm: Stabat Mater (Mealor)
- 1:05 pm Evening Star (Churcher) – New piece. And it’s pretty tangly!!
- 1:30 pm: Soneto de la Noche (Lauridsen) – Can somebody coach the Spanish better the me?
- 1:45 pm: PAUL MEALOR SPEAKS!
- 2:00 pm: LUNCH BREAK: Full Choir 2:00 – 3:30 pm!!
- 3:30 pm: CHAMBER CHOIR
- 3:30 pm: Byrd: Kyrie
- 3:40 pm: Gloria
SESSION II (Full Choir) – AED 118
- 4:00 pm: Ubi Caritas (Mealor)
- 4:08 pm : Sa Nuit (Lauriden) – Luke coaches French
- 4:16 pm: Voici la nuit (Lauridsen) – Luke coaches French
- 4:25 pm: Rejoice in the Lamb (Britten)
- 5:00 pm: COMPETITION SET TWO
- He’s Got the Whole World (Dent) – Run!
- Even Me (Reid) – Arreon conducts – 15 minutes max, please.
- Soon I Will Be Done – (Garrett)
- 5:45 pm: Let Fall the Windows (Mealor
- 6:00 pm: Psalm 150 (Pass) – Run! Arreon conducts: pm: Hold On (Garrett) – Run!
- 6:15 pm: Hold On (Garrett) – Run!
- 6:30: SNACKS AND FAQS!!! – There are too many people to go to Deer Park so we’re bringing the party to Amy E! We’ll bring in snacks and sodas then take a few minutes to chat through various logistics of the trip while addressing your questions. (Before you ask a question, decide if it pertains ONLY TO YOU or if it is of interest to the entire group!) This is not compulsory, but if you miss it, you should have somebody take notes for you.
- POTENTIAL TOPICS:
- Rooming Lists
- Alcohol and YOUR VOICE!
- Tomorrow’s concert at St. Helena!
- Concert Venues
- Concert Dress
VERY excited about today’s rehearsal. Paul Mealor plans to be there for most if not all of the day. He has judged this contest many times and has also served on the board of directors. And he understands the Welsh people because he IS one! We are so fortunate to have him here this weekend. 🙂
See you soon – pdh