WANT TO KNOW MORE? READY TO SUBMIT?
What do I need to complete the audition/application process?
- Complete the non-binding interest form (approx 3 minutes)
- Download a copy of the audition piece, Mary Hynes
- You may audition for as many parts as you wish, but you must complete a separate application for each.
- Make an audio-only recording of the audition piece
- Make a video recording of you singing the audition piece and post as an unlisted YouTube Video. (You may do the audio and video recording at the same time, but check for clarity of sound free from distortion)
- Complete the entire application form. (Approx 30 minutes.) To do this, you will need to:
- Upload an mp3 audio file of your audition singing the desired part of Mary Hynes (ONLY) to the application
- Upload a link to your YouTube video of your Mary Hynes audition in addition to two renditions of My Country ‘Tis of Thee. (YOU CHOOSE THE KEYS: One at the highest comfortable place of your voice, and one at the lowest comfortable place of your voice. No need to perform with stylistic differences, just two keys)
- Audition must be performed completely a cappella without listening to a backtrack
- Note: you can lift your Mary Hynes audio from your video! Make sure it’s of GOOD AUDIO QUALITY WITHOUT DISTORTION!
- Upload a copy of your current passport. (If you don’t have one, you’ll be asked to provide a timeline for procuring such.) Your passport must be valid until February of 2025 – six months beyond our departure from New Zealand
- Address all questions related to your availability for rehearsal and travel
- Provide a statement of financial need should you have one.
- Submit the application with all audition materials by 11:59 pm on Sunday, August 6th, 2023. Applications received after this date will likely be declined due to time constraints related to the review by external reviewers.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS BEFORE PULLING THE LEVER?
You can attend one of these ZOOM meetings to ask more questions! Link will be sent to those who complete the interest form above.
ZOOM SESSION ONE: Monday, July 24 @ 10:00 -11:00 am ET
ZOOM SESSION TWO: Saturday, July 29 @ 9:00 – 10:00 pm ET
ZOOM SESSION THREE: Sunday, July 31 @ 6:00 – 7:00 pm ET