Rehearsal Weekend Update
After discussing the February rehearsal weekend, there are a few minor tweaks that we made to start times. Please check below for the most up to date schedule. Note that ALL February rehearsals will be in Bayard Sharp.
- Friday, Feb 9: 6:30 – 9:30 pm **THIS IS A CHANGE TO WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED**
- Saturday, Feb. 10: 10:30 am – 6:00 pm (Hoping we can mix and match people into LUNCH groups!)
- Sunday, Feb. 11: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Starting early so we can get people on the road towards home early.)
Apps to Download
We strongly recommend downloading the following apps to your phone before the trip.
- What’s App: This will be our primary source of communication on the ground. Rachel will be adding everyone to a group chat that will be used for daily communication in Napa and Auckland.
- Clipper: When we get to San Francisco, you will need to either have this app on your phone or purchase a Clipper card ($3 charge) to load your train fare to ride BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). We will ride BART from SFO to downtown San Francisco, so decide if you prefer the app with your credit card loaded or a physical card that you can load at a machine.
- NZeTA: New Zealand requires all passengers entering the country from the United States to apply for an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) and pay for an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL). This costs NZD $17 on the app and NZD $23 if you apply on their website.
- Airline Apps: Most people will want to have the Air New Zealand app and either United or American, depending on your domestic flight.
- Google Maps: You can use this to download maps to your phone while you are on WiFi and use later offline. This will be particularly helpful in Auckland.
Reminder that the second installment payment is due today. Please reach out to Amy at email@example.com if you are unsure of your balance or with any questions.
What we’ve learned…
We (Dr. Head, Rachel, and Amy) just returned from our recon trip to Napa and San Francisco, and we have a much better understanding of how long it will take us to travel, what areas will be good for exploring, where to get food, etc. There will be a few sessions of sharing info about Napa and San Francisco during the upcoming February rehearsal weekend, so be thinking of questions you may have.
In the meantime, please enjoy some of our photos below and take a peek at the most up to date itinerary! Here’s a teaser of what’s to come!