Good morning lovely humans,
Lots of loose ends to tie up today. Here’s my best guess as to how things will play out.
MORNING REHEARSAL – including photo shoot (10:00 am – 1:30 pm) AED 118
- Brahms – An die Heimat
- Esmail – Tuttarana (front half!)
- Gibbs – My God is a Rock – Can we take a shot at the trios? Arreon?
- Mealor – Lady
- 11:30 – 11:45 am – break
- Leonardo – p.1 // p 9 – 28
- Schütz – Die Himmel
- Lavoy – White Stones – Somebody else wanna try the solo?
- 12:45: Change into photo clothes!
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm PHOTO SHOOT!
LUNCH on your own (1:30 pm – 3:00 pm)
AFTERNOON REHEARSAL (3:00 pm to 4:30 pm) B# Hall
- Vasks – Māta saule (first half)
- Rütti – Ite missa est mm 16 – 82
- Ames – I’ve Been in the Storm – Soloist? Anyone?
- Rautavaara – Lähtö
DONE AT 4:30 PM!!!! Have a safe trip home.
In case your Finnish is not up to par, thought you might appreciate a translation to the Rautavaara…
Onto the back of my steed
One morning, one spring morning,
The sun rising into the sky,
I mount my steed.
My body sleeps,
my spirit hears not my step
Nor the jubilant clatter of my horse’s hooves.
Mounting the horse is an anguished,
A thousand times punished
I alone know the secret this morning holds,
Mine alone is the command the horse obeys.
I alone see the path to redemption.
Gallop with pride, then,
Golden steed of my faith!
For a mere moment will these hooves be
Heard over the rooftops.
Soon I am far off, and free.
In the coming days and weeks, we’ll work out the schedule for all that needs to happen before our next rehearsal weekend in February. (Part-testing, diction review, etc.) Thanks in advance for keeping your eyes open for those and remember that you can always go back to the Updates page to catch up on anything you might have missed.
Thanks for a great weekend!