Howdy y’all! I am looking forward to seeing you all on the ground in the UK very soon! Here are some very quick orders of business I wanted to address with the full choir, including some new crucial packing information, so please read until the end even if the first two points are not pertinent to you:
- If you have not yet joined the WhatsApp group chat, you should have received an email from me this morning with the join link. In case you missed that message or still need to join, follow THIS LINK HERE to join! All you have to do is download the app, and then it’s quick and easy access to any messaging from our Staff Team in preparation for, or during the duration of the trip. The WhatsApp will be a main source of communication, so it’s important you join!
- Once you join the group chat, make sure you do the following:
- State your name in the chat. (Sometimes when people join, they just appear as a phone number without a contact name. It’s important to state your name so that people can know who you are!)
- Add a profile picture to your WhatsApp profile! This way, we can quickly see who you are when you message into the chat!
- In the same vein, if you have yet to fill out the Dietary Restrictions form, you also should have heard from me this morning. Follow THIS LINK HERE if you haven’t already to fill out that information, even if you have no restrictions or allergies! It is crucial information for us to know to keep you safe and healthy. 🙂
- Finally, TRAVEL TIPS FOR CHOIR GEEKS (UK23) is now LIVE on the website! You can access this resource to guide your packing for the trip. Most of the information is similar to the resource provided for Croatia, but here are some NEW AND UNIQUE THINGS TO KNOW for the UK trip specifically:
- You MUST make sure that your Concert Attire and Sheet Music (whether virtual or print) is IN YOUR CARRY-ON! Travel happens, and sometimes luggage goes MIA, but you want to make sure you don’t lose these things at any point during the trip!
- For the Parade of Nations (see PDH’s post from earlier today), we will also rep some UDEL pride, so please pack a Delaware T-Shirt or other appropriate garb to wear in the parade!
- Note that power adaptors in the UK are DIFFERENT (👊✋) than European adaptors. The adaptor you would’ve used in Germany/Croatia was a Type C, but the UK requires a Type G plug. Make sure you buy one from Amazon before you go, because they tend to be a bit more expensive if you try to buy one in the airport!
- Finally, make sure you pack your own medicinal or COVID related needs. We will not be providing face masks, COVID tests, Ibuprofen, etc. to the full choir. Be responsible and understand your own health needs. If you think you need it, pack it!
That is it from me for now! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns about packing and preparing for departure. I’m looking forward to seeing you all over there very shortly! Here’s a hedgehog photo as a treat for making it this far. PJ is rooting for you all! 🙂